Dr. Li-Feng Chen, Recipient of the National Natural Science Fund for Excellent Young Scientists Fund (Overseas) Program; Professor of University of Science and Technology of China; Joint Professor of Hefei National Research Center for Physical Sciences at the Microscale; Special Young Expert of Anhui Province; Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellow; Young Editorial Board Member of Nano Research, Chinese Chemical Letters, and International Journal of Extreme Manufacturing; Evaluation Expert of National Natural Science Foundation, Ministry of Science and Technology Key Research & Development Project, and Anhui Science & Technology Project; Evaluation Expert Database Member of Academic Bridge (Academic Title, University Talent Project); Expert of Doctoral/Master Degree Thesis Sampling & Evaluation of Education Supervision Bureau of the Ministry of Education.
Dr. Chen is mainly engaged in the structural design, macro preparation of biomass (natural polymer)-based nanomaterials and their kinetics in energy storage and conversion (advanced secondary batteries, supercapacitors, electro-/photo- catalysis, and flexible energy storage devices). Dr. Chen has published a series of academic papers in Science, Adv. Mater., Energy Environ. Sci., ACS Nano, Adv. Energy Mater., and so on. He has been awarded the Nano Research Top Papers Award, JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship, and Anhui Province Graduates with Outstanding Academic Performance. He was invited to be the guest editor of Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica (IF: 10.9) for the special issue on "Carbon Materials and Electrochemical Energy Storage", and has been invited as the referee of international journals, such as Adv. Mater., Energy Environ. Sci., Adv. Energy Mater., and Nano Energy et al.
Our group is recruiting several postdoctoral fellows and specially appointed associate researcher. We welcome PhDs with scientific visions, innovative exploration ability and hard work to join us!
1. Basic qualities: good character, diligence, persistence, self-discipline, strong research execution, pursuit of high-quality research papers, and good teamwork spirit.
2. Professional requirements: PhD degree in chemistry, materials, polymer, physics, energy and other related disciplines, or be able to successfully defend the PhD dissertation in the near future, and publish one or more high-level research papers in biomass (natural polymer) materials, carbon materials, secondary batteries, , photothermoelectric integrated devices, sensors, electrocatalysis, flexible/elastic devices and other related fields, and have a good grasp of basic knowledge and frontier research directions in this field.
3. Age requirement: no more than 3 years after graduation of PhD; no more than 35 years old for specially appointed associate researchers.
1. Design, preparation and applications of carbon-based nanomaterials.
2. Design, preparation and applications of biomass (natural polymer)-based nanomaterials.
3. Kinetics of biomass (natural polymer)/carbon-based materials in electrochemical energy storage (secondary batteries, supercapacitors, photothermoelectric integrated devices), electro/photocatalysis (H2O, CO2, N2, O2, CH4 and other small molecules), and flexible/elastic devices.
Remuneration and Benefits
(1) Salary of Special Research Associate is negotiable.
(2) Above RMB 350,000 annually for postdocs with excellent results. Additional remuneration for those selected by Distinguished Postdoc (RMB 520,000 before tax), Outstanding Postdoc (RMB 0,000 before tax) program of Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale, or Mozi Special Youth Grant (RMB 260,000 before tax) at the University of Science and Technology of China.
(3) This group will also give considerable rewards based on research contributions, paper publications, and fund projects.
University of science and technology of China will provide social insurance (basic pension insurance, unemployment insurance, basic medical insurance and medical aid insurance, work injury insurance, maternity insurance) and housing fund for postdoctoral fellows/special associate fellows.
3. Children's Schooling
Your children can attend USTC kindergarten, the elementary school and the middle school attached to university of science and technology of China (top educational resources in Anhui Province).
4. Housing Benefits
The university provides on-campus relocation housing (two rooms with full set of furniture), and if you rent a room off-campus, the university provides a uniform standard rental subsidy.
5. Project Application
We encourage you to apply for various postdoctoral science funds, national natural science funds and provincial and municipal projects as the person in charge.
1. Support to apply for international joint training program for postdocs of University of Science and Technology of China during the station, and support to recommend to continue further study in famous teams of famous universities/scientific institutions abroad (Kyoto University, Nanyang Technological University, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Wollongong University, University of Queensland, University of Maryland, Georgia Institute of Technology, etc) after the station.
2. Recommend those with outstanding work achievements to declare for long term faculty positions in USTC or other research institutions.
Ample research funds and space, first-class public research platform, good working environment.
Please send your detailed CV (including your main research base, representative papers and list, etc.) and published papers to Prof. Chen's email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the title indicated: Position + Research Direction + Your Name.