National outstanding youth fund winner
Past Ph.D. Students
1. Dr. Liangyue Ji, Ph.D. 2012. Thesis title: Error analysis of the discontinuous Galerkin methods for nonlinear equations and post-processing methods. First job after Ph.D.: Dunham Jackson Assistant Professor at University of Minnesota. Currently at: Milton Keynes College, E-mail:
2. Dr. Ruihan Guo, Ph.D. 2014. Thesis title: Local discontinuous Galerkin methods and fast solvers for phase field models. First job after Ph.D.: Postdoc at Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1. Currently: Associate Professor at Zhengzhou University, E-mail: rguo at zzu.edu.cn
3. Dr. Jinfeng Jiang, Ph.D. 2014. Thesis title: Discontinuous Galerkin methods for wave propagation in elastic materials and hyper-elastic materials. First job after Ph.D.: Postdoc at Anhui Keli Information Industry Company. Currently at: iFLYTEK Company, E-mail: jinfeng at mail.ustc.edu.cn
4. Dr. Li Guo, Ph.D. 2015. Thesis title: Numerical algorithms for high order derivative equations and their applications. First job after Ph.D.: Postdoc at Wayne State University. Currently: E-mail:
5. Dr. Lulu Tian, Ph.D. 2015, University of Twente, jointly supervised with Professor J.J.W. van der Vegt and Prof. J.G.M. Kuerten. Thesis title: Local discontinuous Galerkin methods for phase transition problems. First job after Ph.D.: Assistant Professor China University of Petroleum. Currently at: Assistant Professor at China University of Petroleum. E-mail: tianll at upc.edu.cn
6. Dr. Zhongjie Lu, Ph.D. 2017, Thesis title: Discontinuous Galerkin approximations for computing band gaps in photonic crystals. First job after Ph.D.: Postdoc at Pavia University. Currently at: University of Science and Technology of China, E-mail: zhjlu at ustc.edu.cn
7. Dr. Lingling Zhou, Ph.D. 2018, Thesis title: Stability, Error Estimates and Superconvergence Analysis for Discontinuous Galerkin Method. First job after Ph.D.: Lecturer at Henan Polytechnic University. Currently at: Lecturer at Henan Polytechnic University, E-mail: lingzhou at hpu.edu.cn
8. Dr. Pei Fu, Ph.D. 2018, Thesis title: The Study of Discontinuous Galerkin Methods with Property Preserving. First job after Ph.D.: Postdoc at University of Science and Technology of China. Currently at: Postdoc at Uppsala Universitet, E-mail: sxfp at mail.ustc.edu.cn
9. Dr. Chao Zhang, Ph.D. 2019, Thesis title: Local discontinuous Galerkin methods and theoretical analysis for nonlinear wave equations. First job after Ph.D.: HIK VISION. Currently at: HIK VISION, E-mail: zc56 at mail.ustc.edu.cn
10. Dr. Qian Zhang, Ph.D. 2019, Thesis title: The high-order conservative numerical methods for singular solutions of wave equations. First job after Ph.D.: Postdoc at University of Science and Technology of China. Currently at: Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen, E-mail: gelee at ustc.edu.cn
11. Dr. Qi Tao, Ph.D. 2020, Thesis title: Error Estimates and superconvergence analysis of discontinuous Galerkin methods. First job after Ph.D.: Postdoc at Beijing Computational Science Research Center. Currently at: Professor at Beijing University of Technology, E-mail: taoq at mail.ustc.edu.cn
12. Dr. Jianli Zhao, Ph.D. 2020, Thesis title: The high resolution numerical methods for nonlinear high order dispersive equations. First job after Ph.D.: Henan University of Engineering, Currently at: Henan University of Engineering, E-mail: zjl88914 at mail.ustc.edu.cn
13. Dr. Fengna Yan, Ph.D. 2020, jointly supervised with Professor J.J.W. van der Vegt. Thesis title: Error estimates and bound preserving schemes of discontinuous Galerkin methods for nonlinear equations. First job after Ph.D.: Hefei University of Technology. Currently at: Hefei University of Technology, E-mail: yfnlj at mail.ustc.edu.cn
14. Dr. Xue Hong, Ph.D. 2021. jointly supervised with Professor Yinhua Xia. Thesis title: The development and analysis for discontinuous Galerkin methods in Lagrangian-Eulerian framework. First job after Ph.D.: University of Delaware Currently at: Univ Rennes, France. E-mail: xuehong1 at mail.ustc.edu.cn
15. Dr. Weijie Zhang, Ph.D. 2021. Thesis title: Structure preserving discontinuous Galerkin methods for hyperbolic conservation law with source term. First job after Ph.D.: University of Kansas, Currently at: University of Kansas, E-mail: zhwj at mail.ustc.edu.cn
16. Dr. Xiaoxuan Yu, Ph.D. 2022, Jointly supervised with Professor Qiang Du. Thesis title: First job after Ph.D.: Numerical simulation and analysis on linear nonlocal conservation laws with variable horizon, First job after Ph.D.: SAMSUNG, Currently at: SAMSUNG, E-mail: xxyu at csrc.ac.cn
Past MS.C. Students
1. Mr. Tian Ma, MS.C. 2018, Thesis title: Local discontinuous Galerkin methods for the two-dimensional Camassa-Holm equation. First job after MS.C.: China Merchants Bank. Currently at: China Merchants Bank, E-mail: diamond8 at mail.ustc.edu.cn
2. Mr. Qiao Kang, MS.C. 2020, Thesis title: Numerical Methods for a Finite-Strain Plate and Its Simulation. First job after MS.C.: Huawei Tech Co. . Currently at: Huawei Tech Co. E-mail:
Current Ph.D. Students
1. Mr. Xiangyi Meng.
2. Ms. Xiaoyu Cheng.
3. Mr. Wei Zheng.
4. Ms. Jinyang Lu.
5. Ms. Shijin Hou.
6. Ms. Jiahui Zhang.
7. Mr. Lei Wei.
8. Mr. Zeyu Cai
9. Mr. Chenhao Jin
10. Mr. Fan Wang
11. Mr. Mengfei Wang
1. Dr. Venu Gopal, CAS President's International Postdoctoral Researcher (June 2015 -- May 2017).
2. Dr. Pei Fu, (July 2018 --March 2019).
3. Dr. Qian Zhang, (June 2019 -- June 2022 ).
4. Dr. Zhongjie Lu, (November 2019 -- ).
5. Dr. Yue Li, (June 2021 -- ).
6. Dr. Kaifang Liu, (September 2022 -- ).
1. Ms. Irana Denissen, University of Twente (September 3, 2012--December 7, 2012).
2. Mr. Gero Schnuecke, Wuerzburg University (March 4, 2015--April 19, 2015, September 9, 2015--October 2, 2015, April 20, 2016--June 16, 2016).